12.9.21

tub time

tub time . 2021

here's an illustration of my bathtub after almost two months of no blog posts! the silence has mainly been because of being occupied with a lot of work and no time for anything else. i've also been occupied with some house maintenance work, heavy decluttering, and an unfortunate infestation of termites! in addition to this year's unbearable heat, this has been quite the cruel summer.
with that being said, it's during these stressful times that i find myself finding solace in my bathtub! a domestic space used for moments of disconnect – it's where i go to escape from everything and everyone. it's where i get a lot of reading, thinking and sleeping done. it's me time; for reflecting over all that happened in a long day, or managing feels and moments of existentialism in silence. sometimes, the best ideas for projects come in these quiet moments in my tub! it really is a space where i let my mind wander, and allow for a little zen into my life...
i have been slightly overwhelmed with work, and i think i just needed a mental break to illustrate something that had nothing to do with client projects. i really like how the final illustration turned out in the end.
stay tuned for posts very soon, on projects that i've been working on and have been unable to announce or share. i hope they're worth the wait. until then, signing off and heading to my tub to call it a day...