29.2.20

artist talk

khalid mezaina artist talk at youth hub e-vite . 2020

if anyone is in or around dubai on monday, 2 march 2020, i'll be giving a talk at youth x hub, located in emirates towers, between 6:30 – 8pm. organised by tashkeel, the talk will be an intimate session about my love for neighbourhoods around what is commonly known as 'old dubai', and the works i've created over the years inspired by my observations and interactions within these spaces.
it should be a fun trip down memory lane looking back at some of my illustration and textile based projects honouring these neighbourhoods and what they mean to me. i don't think i'll ever tire of these neighbourhoods, or what's left of them, and creating works about these areas will forever be an ongoing process.
for more information on my upcoming talk and to register, head to the event page here. i look forward to seeing you all on monday. it should be a really fun, and i hope, inspiring to others.